Wednesday 19 March 2014

HOARDAX DOES DAYLESFORD (AGAIN) featuring THE BRICK LANE BAZAAR.



Once a year, your pal, Hoardax goes on vacation. The last time it happened we took a gander at the (now defunct) Mill Markets located upstairs at the Rex Theatre in Daylesford. Since that time, it has now reverted to an actual movie theatre downstairs, that screens a handful of movies per day, and upstairs is now an Art Gallery. The Mill Markets still exist at their original location in Daylesford, however. You can call off the riot.

The events of this following adventure actually occurred all the way back in November 2013, if you can imagine such a simpler time.



We stayed in a lovely hotel where photos like this were taken......

Hoardax is so Hardboiled Detective in here right now.
Is this creepy? It's creepy, isn't it?

The first place that I started hoarding items, via stealing their souls with digital photo magic, was at Daylesford's information centre, where this display happened.

I have no idea what The Swedish Chef chasing a chicken has to do with any of this. Does it matter?

Off to a good start, I decided to have some Lamingtons at a nearby bakery.


Yep. It's happening. 
We're crossing that line from vague quirkiness on a nerd blog to actually just food blogging. 
This shortened my lifespan by five years, but it was also the best thing that ever happened to me.
And then, the main event.

The Brick Lane Bazaar.

This place actually didn't exist last time I was in Daylesford in September 2012. 
The Brick Lane Bazaar appears to have consolidated some of the stalls, that were previously found in the former Rex Theatre version of The Mill Markets, into a funky new venue.


What follows will be a series of photos showcasing the Brick Lane Bazaar's wares mixed in with holiday snaps of Hoardax On Holiday. Lucky you.

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-Arts-n-Craft Batman!
Yes, that's a 'Flying Saucer' record player. Yes, I want you to buy it for me.
Your eyes don't deceive you.....
This is a cardboard standee of Elvira: Mistress of the Dark dressed up as a witch.

Meanwhile, here's Hoardax investigating nature and Milka chocolate.
All of the Tin Robots. 
These Looney Tunes plastic mags were available from KFC in the 90s, as far as I can remember.
I can hardly believe that I didn't walk away with these two rare gems. 

The problem was they cost actual money.

For our International readers, John-Michael Howson was kinda like an 80s Australian version of a Leonard Maltin or Roger Ebert-style Film Critic, except ridiculous. 

Next to that we have the Tony Barber-hosted version of Australian Wheel Of Fortune THE BOARDGAME - 3rd Edition! This is what people did before the internet. Watched Australian versions of American Game Shows and then played the board game afterwards. Stunning.
I saw this Jon English record at three different locations while I was in Daylesford.
I don't know if I can explain Jon English. You kinda had to be there.
The only difference between me and Ferdinand The Bull is I'm no bull.
Try the lobster!
There's a mish-mash of things here. I was quite taken with that Mummy. No idea what it's from. 
The Mark Wahlberg doll? Not so much.
All of the Rat Fink.

This is an interesting piece. On the hand written tag it says that this is the Energizer Bunny. And maybe it is. But it looks a lot more like the DURACELL BUNNY. You know, the original Bunny Mascot for the battery commercial that Energizer ripped off to create the famous Energizer Bunny?

This looks like SPACE DURACELL BUNNY to me. I kinda wish I'd bought it, but the No-room-for-anything-in-my-house scenario, Mrs. Hoardax and my own mental health thank me profusely in hindsight.

And that's it!

Our holiday was cut short by a bout of food poisoning. 

You know how "they" say you should never eat seafood too far inland?

"They" are right.


HOARDAX.


No comments:

Post a Comment